Sunday, September 21, 2008

So today after church, Peter and Sam were helping me make Mac and Cheese for lunch. Some how the pot of boiling water was spilled and some of the water landed on Sam's leg. I immediately ripped off his track pants and put his leg under cold running water. This is what his leg looked like five minutes after it happened. (yes, that is the skin hanging off) Mark gave him a blessing and then had to leave to take Peter to get their pictures taken for AYSO. (Mark is Peter's coach) Thankfully he took Adam with them so I could focus just on Sam. I called his doctor's office and they gave me some other number to call because of the type of insurance we have. It's really sad when their first concern is how are we going to get paid and NOT how can we help you. I really didn't want to go to the E.R. or even to Urgent Care so I went through all the phone calls and finally got a hold of someone nice who could offer some advice. She told me to give Sam some Tylenol and keep running water on it. (Which I was already doing)We sat at the kitchen sink for an hour and a half! I sat on the counter with him and read him stories. He finally said that it didn't burn anymore so we turned the water off and he was fine.
Our Bishop came over later that day to look at it. (he's a doctor) he said it looked really good and that we did everything right! That night Mark took tweezers and pulled the dead skin up to cut it off, I could not do this so I distracted Sam instead. Sam is a trooper and is doing well!
I really believe that Heavenly Father gives mothers the knowledge we need to take care of our children in times of panic and need when we may not feel like we know what to do.
I am happy to say that I stayed calm and in control of the situation and in turn that helped Sam stay calm also. I am also thankful for priesthood blessings and for my husband who is the wonderful priesthood holder in our home. I know that Sam is feeling better so quickly because of the blessing. And I thankful for our bishop who took time out of his busy Sunday to come to our home and check on our little boy. I feel truly blessed to have the Gospel in my life.

3 comments:

mandi said...

this is crazy,poor guy

teasha said...

OUCH!!!

Laura said...

Poor Sammy! I hope it heals quickly!! Love Auntie Coco