Monday, April 12, 2010

A great weekend!

Saturday morning I went to our stake woman's conference where the guest speaker was Artist, Gayla Prince. She had many of her paintings on display and spoke a little about each one. She even gave each sister a copy of one of her paintings. The rest of the conference was nice too and I'm really happy that I was able to go. After conference, Mark did some soccer stuff while I took the boys to our friends, the Hills, birthday/graduation from the fire academy/housewarming party. It was fun with great food and great friends. Mark met me there and then we took the boys to the hockey game!
Watching the Zamboni is fun!

Adam liked the HUGE t.v. screen.


Adam took this picture.



watching the game.




Hi Adam.



Sunday morning I woke up at 10:00! I lay in bed and the house was silent! I jump out of bed because church starts at 10:20! Everyone was still sleeping, so I woke everyone up and we rushed to get ready. We were only 10 minutes late to church...can I say just how much I LOVE having boys! After church, the wind was really blowing, up to 35 mph, and our power went out. It was out for most of the day. I still was able to make green chili chicken lime soup for dinner, (thank goodness for gas stoves) and we had a nice quiet Sunday.

This is the boys sitting in our family room while I read them a story, that light in the corner is a kerosene lamp, I have two of them and that's what I used to see while I cooked, and what we used while we ate, and while I read the story. I power came on about 9:00, just in time for showers!





No comments: