Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cross Country Nationals in Albuquerque, NM

Peter and Sam ran a good season in XC this year.  They both qualified for Nationals.  Mark had to work , but my parents and brother wanted to go, so I didn't have to go by myself.  We left early Thursday morning Dec 6th and drove all day and got into Albuquerque late that night.  We stopped in Williams AZ for lunch.





later we stopped in Winslow AZ to check out a famous street corner.  











Of course the boys found a train!



And a cool Totem Pole 




Route 66 signs were everywhere!


We also stopped at the Petrified Forest National Park.  


It was really pretty.









We were there at the right time to see a beautiful sunset!






Friday we went to explore Old Town Albuquerque.  We had fun shopping and seeing everything.   




waiting to watch the town square Christmas tree light up.


Saturday was the competition.  Here is Sam preparing to run his race.  I think the pictures of peter are on my phone, I'll have to download those later.  Sam beat his PR and Peter and his team came in 4th in the nation!  Way to go boys!!!!  



after the racing and showers, we went to find Santa for Adam.  when we got there, he wanted nothing to do with him!  But I got this fun picture!

another train!

Sunday we drove home.  I know I have more pics from this trip on my phone, I should probably download those sometime...

No comments: