Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Summer Vacation to Iowa and AAU Nationals- Day one July 25, 2014

This is my travel report from our summer vacation.

AAU Nationals was held in Des Moines, Iowa this year.  With Peter breaking the Valley record and having one of the fastest times in the nation, we thought it would be fun to have him compete at a national level.  So with lots of planning we finally decided on my parents going with their camper so we can all camp.  I rented a car and drove with Sam and Adam.  Mark and Peter would fly out and meet us in Des Moines.  My parents and I left early Friday morning July 25th.  Today we drove from Bakersfield to Evanston, WY.


Thursday night before the trip.  I had to have my last In n Out burger for two weeks!



This is pretty much how Sam rode in the car the entire trip.



as soon as we crossed into Nevada it starts to rain!  


Just some pretty clouds.  That's my parents and brother in front of me.  



Adam totally relaxed 



Sam was very impressed with the Virgin River Gorge.  



We stopped for lunch in Ceder City and let the kids run around a bit.



More rain!  we saw lots of lighting and some really heavy downpours.



some lighting caught this mountain on fire.  


I stopped in Salt Lake City to see my best friend!  We went to the mall for dinner and a little shopping.  We love the Disney Store!




then we headed across the street to see the Temple.These are some handsome guys!


cute boys!


This is Sam's favorite temple.  I didn't get to spend enough time with the Gilberts, but I'm happy we got to say hi!


we also stopped at Cove Fort earlier in the day.  Sam and Adam with Uncle Jason.
I then drove to Evanston to meet back up with my parents who went ahead to the campsite while i stopped in SLC.


No comments: